Friday, May 31, 2013

Retirement Day!



This is a photo of an "RV cake" which my assistant and some colleagues at work had made for one of my retirement parties (specifically the 3rd of 4 parties).  It's an exact copy of our motor home!  

My amazing friends and colleagues honored me with so many nice words during my last few days at work.  First there was a retirement dinner with 15 close colleagues and friends on Wed night.  Lots of sincere speeches and thank you's.  Then another video-conference "party" with 5 sites yesterday (Spain, North Carolina, Boston, London and Philly).  My assistant put this all together - she really did a special job.  Then another party with the "RV cake" and finally a happy hour with many other colleagues.  4 parties in 24 hours - it was really a surreal and fantastic way to spend time with all the people I've known over the past 30 years.  Denise and I really enjoyed it.  

Today I packed up my office, said my final goodbye's and closed the door to my office.  I'm not a very emotional guy but I admit to welling up a few times.  I will miss the fantastic friends I've made, but I know we will stay in touch.  

On to the next phase.  I need a nap.  

No comments:

Post a Comment